Search the forum,

Discuss ADVICE -Shower leaking via 300mm UPV panels gap? Best way to seal?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Noticed the floor around shower had a pool of water, looked like shower leaking from below, presumed it was trap but all good, could not see where water was coming from?

I turned on the showed head and viewed underneath base and the ONLY time i had a leak was when the water jet was hitting on vertical join in the UPVA cladding (middle one in pic).

How can i seal this tiny gap cleanly? I looked into spray sealants, are they thin enough to lightly spray into the tongue/groove join/gap?

Do i just smear silicone along the whole vertical length/tiny gap and make a mess byt trying to force it on the join???

Would superglue work, it's thin and could fill the joint???

Or should i just glue a piece if vertical 'make up' and seal each side??

I also removed the disability seat but that was after i found the where the leak was coming from, all silicone will be removed/spotless (the showers off/drying out/i will seal/pump the holes with silicone)

Cheers Shower leak.jpg

Anyone advise please.

Shower has all dried out, so the vertical gap can now be resolved, juts not sure how i can get a 'sealant' in between the tiny gap?

Or do i just glue a strip of white plastic 'make-up' over it and silicone each side of that?

Thanks

I presume they are tongue and groove and should have been siliconed on installation, however.

Me personally to fix this I would clean it all up with isopropanol then force in Dow Corning silicone sealant and clean up the face with a fugi sealant tool.
Then final clean of residue with isopropanol.

I presume they are tongue and groove and should have been siliconed on installation, however.

Me personally to fix this I would clean it all up with isopropanol then force in Dow Corning silicone sealant and clean up the face with a fugi sealant tool.
Then final clean of residue with isopropanol.

So get this -https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dow-785-sanitary-sealant-clear-310ml/38292
and cover the joins, then force it in with a fuji tool (i have a copy one), then clean any excess sealant up with isoprop? I never new it would remove excess wet sealant! I suppose a rag just lightly soaked in it will remove it??

It will all be cleaned down, i will spray with isoprop and try get a rag/kitchen roll so it's spotless before i start.

I have several tubes of Screwfixes No-Nonsense clear silicone, why do i need the Dow Corning one?

They are both mould resistant and both contain the same chemicals when i just checked -

Contains: 4,5-Dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one

Thanks

Use what you wish, I just told you what I would do.

After 25 years of people paying me to do this stuff, I go with the products I Know work - other products may work too I don’t know.

Reply to ADVICE -Shower leaking via 300mm UPV panels gap? Best way to seal?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock