Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Required: Tankless with Storage tank /with winter Hydronic use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Here is what I have going on, and wondering if someone can help me solve the problem..

Quick details: I live in Canada so the cold ground water temp can be an issue in the winter.

I had a Bradford white 75 gallon water tank that just gave up. This tank was used for my main home hot water, as well as sent hot water to a heat exchanger to run the hydronic system in my basement slab. I feel this system was inefficient. Unfortunately I do not have the capital to put in a boiler system.

So here are my options.

- Replace the tank with the exact same thing and set it up as it was.

- Switch to something else, which should gain efficiency.

I have had a few plumbers by to discuss.. both seemed to just say replace the tank as is. They didn't have any reasons as to why, just the easiest solution.

One I spoke to on the on the phone mentioned He would consider doing an On demand tankless system with a small storage tank. This got me to thinking this maybe the best solution for my situation.

I am curious as to other plumbers thoughts on this and how you see it working?
would it be more efficient?

Any advice is appreciated.

Reply to Advice Required: Tankless with Storage tank /with winter Hydronic use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
I have a hydronic hot water storage tank located at floor level. The hot water flow and return pipes run up the wall into the ceiling space and then back down to floor level to the manifold. We are experiencing significant heat loss from the storage tank when the system is not circulating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock