Search the forum,

Discuss Advice - Removing tap cover in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm trying to remove a tap cover so I can change (or at least attempt to change) a washer ). No success trying to move anything with mild twisting/levering but don't want to break anything by applying force in the wrong location.

Image here

Don`t have time to go fiddling it`s either there when I click on the link JC or I move on, that said I understand that there is a problem uploading images to the site at the moment due to Dan breaking something. :(

I agree with trying to unscrew the first domed sections on the ends.

Hi all,

I am trying out DIY plumbing on some of the leaking pipes but I have run into problems dismantling the taps further. Any ideas/suggestions will be very, very much appreciated. Cheers.

Tap 1 - Toilet tap

If I supposed to pry open the "Lubben" button, how do I do so when there's hardly any groove on which I can pry?

photo5832303157332522619.jpg
photo5832303157332522616.jpg

Tap 2 - Toilet tap

I removed the screw as indicated, but was unable to dismantle the tap further.

photo5832303157332522618.jpg

Tap 3 - Bathroom Tap

When the tap was turned on, a considerable amount of water flowed from the outlet as indicated by the arrow. When I pulled up the diverter as much as I could, the unwanted water flow reduced by quite a lot, but there was still water flow at the arrow. So is it a problem with the tap cartridge or diverter cartridge?

photo5832303157332522615.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove the handle or the diverter. In any case, I tried removing the handle and wasn't able to proceed further. I wasn't able to twist the golden component.

photo5832303157332522622.jpg

Tap 4 - Kitchen Tap

I removed the screw as indicated in the diagrams below, but was unable to dismantle the tap further.

photo5832303157332522617.jpg

photo5832303157332522624.jpg

Attachments

• photo5832303157332522616.jpg
    photo5832303157332522616.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
Before working on things make sure the water can be isolated.
In the first example use plumbers force.

Hi all,

I am trying out DIY plumbing on some of the leaking pipes but I have run into problems dismantling the taps further. Any ideas/suggestions will be very, very much appreciated. Cheers.

Tap 1 - Toilet tap

If I supposed to pry open the "Lubben" button, how do I do so when there's hardly any groove on which I can pry?

View attachment 44688View attachment 44691

Tap 2 - Toilet tap

View attachment 44694

Tap 3 - Bathroom Tap

When the tap was turned on, a considerable amount of water flowed from the outlet as indicated by the arrow. When I pulled up the diverter as much as I could, the unwanted water flow reduced by quite a lot, but there was still water flow at the arrow. So is it a problem with the tap cartridge or diverter cartridge?

View attachment 44696

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove the handle or the diverter. In any case, I tried removing the handle and wasn't able to proceed further. I wasn't able to twist the golden component.

View attachment 44698

Tap 4 - Kitchen Tap

I removed the screw as indicated in the diagrams below, but was unable to dismantle the tap further.

View attachment 44697
View attachment 44693
Hi there was interested in the kitchen tap where you said you'd removed the screw. Mine's very similar but the hole is so small it's hard to see inside. Is it a normal crosshead screw or allen type or what?
Cheers

Hi there was interested in the kitchen tap where you said you'd removed the screw. Mine's very similar but the hole is so small it's hard to see inside. Is it a normal crosshead screw or allen type or what?
Cheers

Normally a small slot head as other types can get filled with gunk, you really need to try and get a look at it to be sure though.

Normally a small slot head as other types can get filled with gunk, you really need to try and get a look at it to be sure though.
OK cheers will try and take a look. Problem is that I've got the worktop below and at the back so hard to get a good look at it! Reckon a little dentist's mirror would be perfect!

Hi all,

Tap 1 - Toilet tap

View attachment 44688View attachment 44691

Tap 2 - Toilet tap

View attachment 44694

Tap 3 - Bathroom Tap

View attachment 44696

View attachment 44698

Tap 4 - Kitchen Tap

View attachment 44697
View attachment 44693

If anyone has any suggestions on removing the tap covers it will be very much appreciated - cheers!

Try and take a mobile phone pic with macro?
Have tried but it's quite deep inset so light doesn't show exactly what it is. But I've discovered from a bit of research that the grub screw is a 2 mm Allen fitment. At least for Franke taps, even though I can't remember my exact model. Weirdly, the drip only happens on and off so will wait until it gets pretty bad.

Reply to Advice - Removing tap cover in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock