Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re shower waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level shower and I'm a bit worried about potential issues with the existing low flow-rate of wastewater which puddles for short periods by about 3cm in the bath. I don't want the same happening in the 1400 x 800 x 45mm shower tray that'll replace it. A common problem I'm told.

The existing 40mm bath waste falls about 25cm in its approx 2.5 metre length to an open gully, and has potential for no more than 3 elbows hidden in the old pipe-box, so I can't see why that problem should occur. Maybe the 40mm pipe is a little gunged-up... it IS over 30 years old... or maybe the hidden pipe was badly installed and bows upward somewhere out of sight. Who knows?

Anyway, I'll be installing the shower where the bath is, burying a new 50mm pipe in the concrete floor, with swept bends and the minimum of joints, not tee-ing it to anything but straight out to the open gully, and fitting a high flow-rate waste and trap on the shower. Other than that, I don't see what else can be done.
Any advice?

Reply to Advice re shower waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock