Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re combining wood burning boiler stoves, gas boiler and wet underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeeng

About to start renovating/extending a house and wondered if anyone had combined a wood burning boiler stoves, gas boiler and wet underfloor heating.

The house is 1940's built 4 bed semi (165sqm) with a bathroom, ensuite and downstairs WC (1 bath 2 showers, 3 toilets) We're planning on putting Wet UFH downstairs (been looking at Polypipe but any other recommendations gratefully received) and rads upstairs.

As we're putting in a wood burner anyway, I just wondered if it was worth upgrading the burner to one with a built in water boiler stove and perhaps benefit from some cheaper heating in the winter (as the fire will be on most days and we can get free/very cheap wood)?
Any advice, think I have seen somewhere that this is possible with a thermal store but I'd appreciate any words of wisdom.
Thanks

Re: Advice re combining wood burning boiler stoves, gas boiler and wet underfloor hea

Have a research of a H2 panel, not a diy job though.

Re: Advice re combining wood burning boiler stoves, gas boiler and wet underfloor hea

Phoenix services thanks just spoke to Mike from h2panel who talked me through his panel system which sounds great. At £587 plus VAT, the cost seems pretty reasonable. Has anyone else used/installed?

I have installed a few with good results but as already suggested its not a diy job

Used them before and definitely not a diy job.

Great forum, thanks all.
I can sort a burst pipe but just to reassure you all, I wouldn't ever dream of touching something like this. However, if anyone is suitably qualified, based in/near Surrey (walton on thames) and has some experience it would be great to hear from you.

Any thoughts on good underfloor systems or more importantly who to stay away from?

Great forum, thanks all.
I can sort a burst pipe but just to reassure you all, I wouldn't ever dream of touching something like this. However, if anyone is suitably qualified, based in/near Surrey (walton on thames) and has some experience it would be great to hear from you.

Any thoughts on good underfloor systems or more importantly who to stay away from?

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Put in as much detail as you can or point people in the direction of this thread and post in the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice re combining wood burning boiler stoves, gas boiler and wet underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock