Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is in the wrong place I apologise, Had a hob fitted by a Gas safe fitter 2 months ago, I ran most of the pipe work as I totally overhauled the kitchen, he connected the hob and supply end. He done a tightness test and the work was fine, I was very happy with his work until, I was putting up the the outside Christmas decks and bent down near the semi concealed gas meter box on the floor, And got a whiff of gas, I opened the box and the smell was really noticeable, I have some leak spray so I sprayed the joints and the test nipple which bubbled away like a good un, I turned of the emergency valve and called National grid, the guy came from the Grid he said it was one full turn from falling off!
I am really shocked at such a school boy error should I raise complaint with Gas safe? Is this a major issue, also over a two month period how much gas was leaking? will it make a vast difference to my gas bill?

kind regards Tony

Last edited:
You should do what you think is right.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gas loss would be minimal.

The first response would be to contact the installer

It's a schoolboy error, but luckily everthing is now ok. It may have used a few pence of gas!
I think you should tell the fitter what has happened, but not to take any further than that.

If the lad from national grid was concerned he would've taken the lads details and chased it up. As said, it unfortunately happens, we all have the odd lapse.

What I would do in your shoes would be to ring the boy, tell him you called the grid out who found the loose test nipple. Just say not sure if it was him but could he double check in the future just in case. Oh and merry Christmas!

And leave it at that.

Is your meter box accessible from the road and have you upset any neighbours. With regard to future leaks, what steps did you take regarding residual flux corrosion in the gas pipes you installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock