Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jono1987

Hi all,

Some of you may remember a post i created a few months back that said I had found a plumber who would allow me to go along with and help him and learn from him on a voluntary basis and then when the NVQ part of my course comes up let me use his jobs to be assessed on, therefore meaning i could continue working as well as training to be a plumber. Anyway, following on from that I have decided to write to all local plumbers (he agreed) in my area to see if they would be willing to agree on this arrangement. This is where you lot come in, I have pasted the letter below and would like your feedback on it, is there anything I should maybe put in take out etc etc

Dear Sir,
My name is ...................., I am 22 years of age and am looking for a career change into plumbing. I have passed the necessary test at college and have enrolled to start my course in September although I will be immediately available.
The reason I write to you is to request and offer voluntary help so I can gain on site experience and improve my knowledge of the industry whilst attending night courses at my local college. I will be available most weeknights and weekends, I will also consider booking annual leave from my current job to help on larger scale projects.
As mentioned I would not request any payment from you. The only thing that I would ask is that when the time comes for me to be assessed on site (for my NVQ) that you would allow me to use your jobs to do this, you will also be on site I will also request no payment for this.
Plumbing is a career that I am passionate about getting into and have always had an interest in, I can therefore promise to be reliable and enthusiastic. I currently work in sales so I am already familiar with facing customers and handling myself in a professional manner.
Please respond by any way of the contact details shown.
Yours Sincerely

Sounds ok to me but you need to reword this sentance as it doesnt make much sense at the end

The only thing that I would ask is that when the time comes for me to be assessed on site (for my NVQ) that you would allow me to use your jobs to do this, you will also be on site I will also request no payment for this.

agree with Plumbstar Tom about last sentence I think you should at least get a few replies good luck:)regards turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job he did he overcharged me, caused a little damage in my kitchen where he was working and after many requests has not provided me with a receipt ( 7...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my needs. I have therefore been trying to locate on- line the actual sizes eg length of push-fit tee, spread of branch, before I can purchase the best...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock