Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please - Joining 2nd bathroom wastes to existing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm in the planning phase for some house alterations and would appreciate any advice concerning the plumbing installation for an additional 1st floor bathroom.

The images attached show the existing layout and new layout proposed. In summary, I want to build a second (first floor) ensuite bathroom next to the existing main bathroom. The building work will require the removal of the existing 110mm soil pipe, which receives the water waste flow from both the hand basin and shower via separate 40mm pipes. The building work means that the waste outlets from the existing bathroom need to be extended by approx. 4m to the closest new location for the 100m vertical soil pipe.

View attachment Existing bathroom.JPG

View attachment New bathroom.JPG

My main questions are;

1. Joining the new wastes....Is it acceptable for me to just join the new ensuite waste outlets to the extended existing outlets from the main bathroom? 'shower to shower', 'basin to basin', WC to WC? The proposed connection points are circled in red in the second image. This would clearly entail the risk that the extended pipe would need to accommodate flow from both bathrooms if any of the units are in use at the same time. If this is not good practice, then I guess the only alternative would be to install new waste pipes for the ensuite and run them all the way to the new 110mm soil pipe without joining them to the existing bathroom. This obviously means quite a few more pipes and connections to the new 110mm soil pipe. As the new pipe runs are ~4m, I believe venting will be required (in line with building regs).

2. Rodding access.... is it possible to get a rodding access point fitting for the new 110mm soil pipe that can be accesses vertically from above, but which also enables the horizontal 110mm pipe to be cleaned? The image is a simplified sketch and, depending on final design work, the 110mm pipe may need to be enclosed in a vertical shaft within the interior of the house, so I am a bit concerned about soil build up and therefore being able to clean the installation will be important for long term maintenance.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post and any advice gratefully received.

Reply to Advice please - Joining 2nd bathroom wastes to existing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock