Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please! Bath waste pipe blocked. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

atat

Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem. Our bath isn't draining away water. First tried a drain unblocker bought at a supermarket down the plug hole, this seemed to make it worse - before it was draining away slowly and now nothing is draining at all. Have had a plumber out today who looked at it and put down One Shot instant drain cleaner into the pipe, but still no luck. Have used a plunger and a rod, soil pipe is fine as toilet and sink are draining fine. Anything else we can try before calling out dynorod?
Thanks.

Take the bath panel of and remove the trap, clean it out and then inspect waste pipe and unblock if necessary. If this doesnt cure it get a reputable plumber out as any further advice may cause you more problems if your not confident enough to do it. Cant believe thats all your plumber done and walked off and left the problem unsolved

Yesterday, I had to replace an entire 3m bath waste, it was entirely blocked, dyno rod couldn't have cleared it, cut it out and have a look. Replace if necessary,

It sounds like hair trapped in waste-trap, Nothing you pour down will clear this so do as lambchops said and you should be fine!

Call out dynorod if you have deep pocket's (British Gas) see advise above and call local plumber ! call back first one and tell him it's still not working !

The only way to properly remove these type of blockages is to dismantle the trap and pipe and thoroughly clean it out using very hot water and washing up liquid to remove any grease. What I mean by clean, is that the inside of the pipe should return to its original white colour and have no grey grease in it whatsoever as this will cause another blockage in the future. Put some polythene or similar under the pipe to catch any water as you/plumber dismantles the pipework and trap.

I'm not a fan of all these so called "wonder drain cleaning chemicals", apart from rarely working for me, I doubt if they're biodegradable and therefore not environmentally friendly.

I think by the time a householder calls a plumber, generally its too late for chemicals,

Hi all. Thanks for your help. We took everything apart, cleaned etc and no movement. Tried with a plunger and then bought power plumber, which with one blast shifted whatever was down there. So fingers crossed.. It's working!

Power plumber...that was unexpected, sounds like you had something hefty lodged in the waste pipe after the trap but before the soil pipe, must have been quite a way down.

since when has london been in watford? spammer from the phillipines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice please! Bath waste pipe blocked. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search maybe pointed me to the right name) my guess is the pipe is slightly blocked because this only happens when there is a huge amount of water coming...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock