Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please as plume is blowing into my property in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi my next door neighbour has had a new boiler fitted this week. The plume from the boiler is setting off my outside light. It’s blowing up against my property and it comes in my bathroom window and bedroom window when they are open. The condensate has been run down the wall in the alley for a length of 15ft into a soil pipe. There is no insulation on the condensate either through the wall or along the pipe. My questions are Can I request my neighbour to change the flue for a vertical one? If they won’t do it can I get GasSafe to come and check their installation because I don’t think it’s been done to regulation as there is no insulation on the condensate pipe. I have picture and video but can’t seem to insert them here

Need to have a picture you can use the attach files button / tab

Need a picture I'm afraid it really depends on how far it was fitted from your boundary and any openings as below . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-175227.png
    Screenshot_20211002-175227.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 12
Gas safe afaik would only be interested if there’s a safety defect not because of a lack of insulation on a condensate pipe. If the boiler is installed correctly, then you wouldn’t be able to do much, however it is noted that a flue should be installed so the plume doesn’t cause a nuisance.

AFAIK, The condensate pipe only needs to be insulated if its below a certain diameter, eg: small pipe, as they will freeze then the boiler stops working. However, if the condensate pipe is larger, it will not freeze and no issue.
Regarding the "plume" coming into your property, this may be an issue.
The flue should be far enough away so as not to cause a nuisance, you can report this to either Planning, (boundary issue) or building control (non compliance issue) or Environmental Health (nuisance issue)...
Have you spoken to your neighbour?

Reply to Advice please as plume is blowing into my property in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
Hello I am fitting a kitchen in a new room without services. Looking to tile the floor so everything under the tiles really needs to be fit and forget. Looking for best advice on fitting drainage for the sink and dishwasher please. Photos of situation below. Sink will be under window and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock