Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please about fitting mixer shower from Worcester Bosch 25/ 32 heatslave oil combi in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.
Looking for comments/advice please about my wife's latest request... Which is to remove the existing bath from an upstairs bathroom (apparently we don't like it anymore!) and replace it with a shower.

The hot water is from an external oil combi also feeding a second bathroom. There's just the two of us and we don't need to be using both bathrooms concurrently.

Presumably, this change is feasible as most things are at whatever cost, but would appreciate some guidance and comment on thermostatic mixer valves please for those of you with the life experience of which types are carp and problematic and which ones you would be happy to fit in your own place!
Thanks for reading this far
Cheers
techie

Not a fan of two bathrooms off an oil combi but that ship has sailed for now.

As long as it meets your requirements that will be fine.

Mira thermostatic shower either a bar one or built in valve. Built in valve allows you to put the controls closer to shower door so you can turn it on without getting a face full of cold water.

Mira excel are very good, but top price.

Or even a digital shower.

Nice low profile cast resin stone tray, nice enclosure and I would go shower panels for less maintenance.

Hope this helps šŸ‘

Not a fan of two bathrooms off an oil combi but that ship has sailed for now.

As long as it meets your requirements that will be fine.

Mira thermostatic shower either a bar one or built in valve. Built in valve allows you to put the controls closer to shower door so you can turn it on without getting a face full of cold water.

Mira excel are very good, but top price.

Or even a digital shower.

Nice low profile cast resin stone tray, nice enclosure and I would go shower panels for less maintenance.

Hope this helps šŸ‘
Thanks very much indeed.
Regards the low profile stone tray idea, we have room for a large corner set up and I'm just wondering about waste arrangements if its low profile.It will be sitting on a conventional T @G floor

Have you considered a electric shower as a back up if your oil combi should fail, you would always have a nice hot shower ?? The best of both šŸ˜. Kop

Hiya King Of Pipes
Yes- We have already an electric shower in another main bathroom. I really cannot be bothered to split the incoming tails etc, and also have another 10mm cable run throughout the place hence the combi-boiler-shower idea!

Reply to Advice please about fitting mixer shower from Worcester Bosch 25/ 32 heatslave oil combi in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock