Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Please - 40mm Solvent Weld in Black inc Tank connectors? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I currently have a Koi set up and it's all done with Toolstation push fit connectors (these are an odd size and different to polypipe ones, the ends have a 'clip' that holds the rubber seal in).

I have emptied the system due to leaks popping up all over the place, i have elbows, Tee's plus tank connectors all in black.

I want to upgrade to solvent weld if possible but i am finding it hard to source parts, especially the 40mm Tank Connections.

Can anyone advise on a stockist or even somewhere online, Ebay has some listings but i am confused by sizing etc, plus prices are expensive.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Best to find somewhere that does commercial or able to order direct from poly with no min order

So is it Polypipe who mainly do solvent weld in this size?
I have a local Plumbase and a City Plumbing, their websites do not list Tank Connectors??

Shall i ring them tomorrow and see if they can supply? Do i mention Polypipe brand??

Thanks

Yes and the code

Yes and the code

That's brill, going direct to Polypipe is a great idea.

Why does that TC not show any seals/washers on the compression side? Is this normal, are they extra's??

That's brill, going direct to Polypipe is a great idea.

Why does that TC not show any seals/washers on the compression side? Is this normal, are they extra's??

yep unfortunately these days everything is an extra or not my problem so you might have to find some rubber and plastic washers to match

Reply to Advice Please - 40mm Solvent Weld in Black inc Tank connectors? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
I am having an extension built and as part of that the soil stack has been moved. The tee where the toilet joins the stack was leaking badly and my builders fix is to keep applying solvent weld to the outside of the joint which has reduced the leak. My view is the joint should be disassembled...
Replies
Views
I have a basin waste and a bath waste that ideally I would like to connect together - to empty into a hopper. So can I connect a 32mm basin waste to a 40mm bath waste - if so using a reducer or is there some 32mm to 40mm T? Or should I upgrade the basin waste to 40mm if possible? Ideally...
Replies
Views
Hi All, These push fit type pipes are in the bathroom, they twist but I was not able to disconnect the long 35mm black one - quite tight fit. Is there any compression type connector or flexible connector I can use to connect these two pieces or any transition to 40mm system? I have cut it to be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock