From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Advice on work done by Registered Gas Engineer in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys - sorry but this is going to be a long post!

Recently had some work done in my house to move a boiler, clean cold water tank and pressurize central heating system - this was done by a gas safe registered engineer. Another plumber has come over to do other work in the house and he has mentioned that the work done is not correct - apparently the magna cleaner should be attached to the return pipe but its attached to the flow pipe and the cold water tank has not been been cleaned out - have pictures to confirm this- just wanted a second opinion before I went back to the engineer or request an inspection by Gas Safe - should the magna cleaner be attached to the return pipe as he advised? If so should I call the original plumber back (he's not cooperating much as he is not happy I gave my other jobs to another plumber) or should I let him know Im going to complain to Gas Safe? P.S he hasnt given certificate yet either but I guess legally he has 30 days to do this so I can't do anything about this until the time is up - as it was a cash job he said he can't give me reciept either although previously he confirmed in text that he could give me a receipt - any advice on how to deal with this situation?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Reply to Advice on work done by Registered Gas Engineer in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares