Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on what to do with soil pipe for sink waste and toilet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

After some advice. I have had my floor done downstairs but the current waste inlet is too low for the basin waste and will need boxing in and also the pan waste in the floor isn’t in the center of the room.

I have a back to wall toilet and will be installing a floating sink. I plan on chasing the 32mm pipe into the wall enough and dabbing a board over the top.

My main concern is I can’t really access the basin waste inlet. How would you guys go about resolving this issue. The stud work can be removed. I don’t mind having a go myself it’s just what parts I need really.

Tia

Attachments

• 4C253928-1D64-4A3C-ABF5-077DB433B92D.jpeg
    4C253928-1D64-4A3C-ABF5-077DB433B92D.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 21
  • C978004F-B87D-48EE-8DEF-D493CD03CCDD.jpeg
    C978004F-B87D-48EE-8DEF-D493CD03CCDD.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 815B8EB8-313D-4054-B03E-CF0208172413.jpeg
    815B8EB8-313D-4054-B03E-CF0208172413.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 56C899B6-E96E-49F7-AB52-5C362C1EF71C.jpeg
    56C899B6-E96E-49F7-AB52-5C362C1EF71C.jpeg
    426.7 KB · Views: 20
Two options either box it in low leve or stud the whole wall out 2 or 4” more and use a street 11/4” elbow

I’d take the framework out, cut the stack and put in two new connections.

1 for toilet, cap off, the off centre floor one.
1 for basin, cap off/cut out existing. Then you could get it in the wall (if deep enough). Or partially in the wall and stick new plaster board over the top.

I’d take the framework out, cut the stack and put in two new connections.

1 for toilet, cap off, the off centre floor one.
1 for basin, cap off/cut out existing. Then you could get it in the wall (if deep enough). Or partially in the wall and stick new plaster board over the top.
That sounds exactly as I want to do 😂😂. What fitting would you suggest I need in the stack? The room above is the bathroom which is finished which makes it more awkward but hopefully can still do as you say.
Thanks for your reply.

That sounds exactly as I want to do 😂😂. What fitting would you suggest I need in the stack? The room above is the bathroom which is finished which makes it more awkward but hopefully can still do as you say.
Thanks for your reply.
If you can get the right height for the toilet once cut low, add a tee in. Then add a 32mm boss and above that, you’re gonna need a slip coupling to get the new pipe in. If there’s no play, you might need to fit the new connections and then 2 slip couplings/pipe above.

If you can get the right height for the toilet once cut low, add a tee in. Then add a 32mm boss and above that, you’re gonna need a slip coupling to get the new pipe in. If there’s no play, you might need to fit the new connections and then 2 slip couplings/pipe above.
Would you say it could be an option to maybe strap boss just above what’s already existing on the soil pipe and with the toilet could I put a 20mm offset in the floor and then a pan connector into that and into the back of the toilet maybe?

Attachments

• 9EE20559-6E7E-4B2A-8A65-BA3B3C9EF35E.png
    9EE20559-6E7E-4B2A-8A65-BA3B3C9EF35E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Potentially, if it all goes together that’s an option.

Not favourite in terms of flow, but I have certainly done similar and function has been fine.

One of those where you probably need to get loads of bits and try assembling until something fits!

Potentially, if it all goes together that’s an option.

Not favourite in terms of flow, but I have certainly done similar and function has been fine.

One of those where you probably need to get loads of bits and try assembling until something fits!
Thanks ben-gee. Could I put one of the offset pieces in the floor and then use a normal pan connector like attached or does it not work? Like take the seal off the bottom put it into the offset pipe connector and the other end straight into the toilet?

Attachments

• AE7E065A-E9BF-40C6-8778-CCF6A4DD5B2E.png
    AE7E065A-E9BF-40C6-8778-CCF6A4DD5B2E.png
    634.2 KB · Views: 8
Pan connector in floor, then push a bit of 110 waste pipe into that ( it will be tight), then your next pan connector into that short piece of 110.

In practice it is best to cut the length of 110 as you require (minimum 60mm for most pan connectors)
Then place that 110 on a solid floor and press the pan connector into it vertically - then put the fins of the pan connector into the floor.

Can you twist the offset into the room so you can use a standard elbow pan connector? ( they can angle back a fair bit if needed) - those “Q” / “swan” connectors are very restrictive, together with an offset you are pushing your luck a bit...

Legend mate. With the main soil will I be ok to strap boss to the old soil. it feels like plastic but presume just looks a bit old 😂😂. would you use solvent weld for this or would you use something else to make sure it 100% seals as in an awkward place? thanks again

I’ve seen people use ct1 but not sure what’s more recommended in the trade

Obviously the correct method would be solvent. But, I have had leaks on solvent bosses.

And I have in the past, used ct1. The stack wouldn’t stop flowing from above, getting everything wet and making solvent impossible. Ct1 can go on wet surfaces. It sealed perfectly.

If you can get it on, highly recommend using a boss with a strap around and rear clamping bolt.

Reply to Advice on what to do with soil pipe for sink waste and toilet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock