Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on type and model of power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparksburnout

I've got a shower that is just plumbed into my hot and cold water at the moment, and its rubbish as the header tank is only just above it. Bad installation in the first place i think by previous occupier. I am looking at replacing it with a power shower, what do you guys recommend? Are these combiner units any good? I was thinking of one of the Triton combined units, the ones that look like a conventional electric shower but just need a H&C feed from the tanks, are they any good? Seems easier than a separate pump as i thought you needed?

They are ok until you have to replace it in the future and can't get one with the feeds in the right places. You then have to start smashing tiles.

I would always go for a thermostatic bar shower with twin impellor pump personally.

I have a Mira shower. Internal pump with hot and cold connections, fed from tank above. Im happy with it, its nice and powerful, better than a mains shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on type and model of power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, Just looking for some advice - moved into a new property in last 3 months. Today when taking a shower, AQUALISA Power Shower cut-out, and when tried to turn back on - v.low water flow coming through. Finished the shower in another bathroom - water pressure was fine for that shower...
Replies
Views
TGILL91
T
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock