Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on suitable thermostat and switch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 112484

I've an old (50yrs) oil boiler that is manually switched on and off using a light switch outside the boiler room. The only thermostat is the one built into the boiler. This is usually set fairly high and never touched. The light switch is use to switch on and off the boiler as heat is needed.

Ideally (to minimise the need for wires) I would like a freestanding thermostat that i can put into a room. When that thermostat reads "low" it will trigger the boiler to turn on.
Maybe this will require replacing the light with a receiver from the thermostat that will turn on and off the boiler. SO ideally the thermostat and receiver would communicate wirelessly,....
And if all my wishes were to come through I would be able to access the thermstat and switch on my phone

Are such gadgets / tech. available? If so, any recommendations would be much appreciated.
I'm UK based

Reply to Advice on suitable thermostat and switch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock