Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on smart choosing and installing thermostats in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My central heating controller (Horstmann H27XL) is getting more difficult to use due to it's age and because of a disability I have reduced dexterity in my fingers and find the buttons difficult to press. I have been looking at these so called smart thermostats such as Nest, Hive and the Worcester-Bosch Easy Control. Most of what is on the internet is 'sales pitch' rather than helpful advice to make an informed decision, so I am looking for advice on how to choose if I decide to go down this route.

I have a Worcester-Bosch system boiler 30CDi installed in August 2012 and located in the integral garage, so does this make the 'Easy Control' a better bet? In addition to the Horstmann located in my kitchen, I have a thermostat on the wall in my hall.

Also, how much should I expect to pay for installation, and is there any advantage in going for the product's respective approved lists? I am located in Wigan.

I haven’t installed many different controls, but you can get mobile phone operated controls, such as nest, hive etc. What this would do is replace the thermostat and Horstmann programmer. There are touch screen ones, but a bit pricier.

Reply to Advice on smart choosing and installing thermostats in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock