Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on pump settings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Fitted a willow Yonos Pico pump 25-1-6-130 after the advice on here. What I'm confused about is the pump needs to be set for head at either. 1-4 mtrs or 1-6 mtrs (see below attachment) my system has 8 radiator's and is a closed pressurised system.
I worried if I pick wrong setting I'll over pressure system or cause some other issue. Tried to Google but really can't understand this head thing.
Old pump only had a three speed settings.
Thanks so much for any support around this.

Attachments

• Compress_20230424_194816_6136.jpg
    Compress_20230424_194816_6136.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 15
You can set it to C2 which is a constant curve setting of ~ 3.8M like the old 3 speed only pumps which should be quite sufficient for your 8 rad sysem, it will propobably show a power output of ~ 23W (watts) or like mine, keep turning the setting knob anti clockwise past C1 until it reads a proportional pressure (PP) setting of 4.6M (flashing for a few seconds) this will then give a effective head of ~ 3.6M and ~ 23W falling to ~ 16W if thermostatic rad valves (TRVs) are installed and throttling as the room temperature increases. You can also turn the setting knob clockwise past C3 until it shows a flashing constant pressure (CP) setting of say 3.6M which again willl/should do the job for you, you can't overpressure the system.

You pump might be more modern than mine it that it might show the flow rate in m3/hr as well as the power output, (something perhaps like 0.6 to 0.7 m3/hr), you might post your final settings.

Easiest way start on the lowest and run the rads if all heat up and are happy eg even heat from top to bottom leave it or if some don’t heat up upp it a bit eg next notch

Reply to Advice on pump settings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock