Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on new Smart Central Heating and UFH system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I am getting a new Central heating system installed and looking for advice on the best design. The heating system will consist of the following components:

• System Boiler.
  • Megaflo.
  • 2 Zone Underfloor heating.
  • 15 Radiators.

I have narrowed it to the Heatmiser Neo stat system or Honeywell Evohome, however open to suggestions.

As a minimum I am looking at 6 heating zones as below:

• Two underfloor heating zones.
  • Two Upstairs zones, 1 for Bathrooms/ensuites and 1 for bedrooms.
  • Two Ground floor zones, 1 for Living Area /study and 1 for Bathrooms.

If I go with a Heatmiser system, then both UFH and central heating will be connected to Manifold and it will be a 6 Zone star circuit. I think in each central heating star circuit there will be a ring circuit. I will then be able to control each zone using a Neostat-v2 Thermostat.

If I go with the Honeywell Evohome then I think it will be a traditional ring system for central heating (may be divided into 2 zones for downstairs and upstairs) and manifold for UFH. I can then use the Honeywell smart TRV’s to control each radiator.

Now with Heatmiser, I think there will be increased meterage of pipes (I am using copper ) and I am fixed to 6 zones. I can go full star circuit and put each radiator in its zone but then it will be a substantial increase in meterage of pipes. However, it will be a modern system and also the cost of the Heatmiser system itself is not as high.

With Honeywell there is no increased meterage of pipes, Cost of Honeywell Evohome is Higher than the Heatmiser but gives the option to put each radiator in its zone. i.e. I can have more granular control of the heating system. With Evohome I can start small and then increase the smart TRV’s as I learn and start using the system.

Now I am not a heating expert or plumber. I have just gone through several articles to gather this knowledge. I will appreciate some advice from the veterans of this field.

Heatmiser and have the rads on there own independent manifold with no blending valve

Reply to Advice on new Smart Central Heating and UFH system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock