Search the forum,

Discuss Advice On New Boiler Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manacle

Live in a 4 story Victorian semi with 13 radiators and i am in need of replacing the combi boiler fairly soon.
Needs to be reliable after being stung by EONs Central Heating Care which I was paying into for 13yrs assuming when the boiler died they would replace. No such luck! They were out regularly replacing parts - when they could get them! At times we were left with no heating / hot water for 4 weeks over the winter.

Very jaded with ref to boilers etc so any advice on a replacement would be appreciated.

Been looking at the Ideal range.

Ideal logic plus is a very good boiler. The vogue c40 is an awesome and very quiet boiler. How many bathrooms do you have and what's your water pressure like?

Remember that a boiler is only as good as the installation. If it's been thrown on by a chimp you may as well installed a Ravencheap.

I would be fitting a Magna clean. Zone valves and some weather comp too!

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, we have 2 x bathrooms and the water pressure is very good.

Have a look at the Vaillant 838 exclusive brilliant boiler but as ermi says get some one who knows what there on with

I will probably get slated for this but I'm really loving vokeras at the moment. Good value for money, great spec and now a 7 yr warranty too. Options are good :)

I will probably get slated for this but I'm really loving vokeras at the moment. Good value for money, great spec and now a 7 yr warranty too. Options are good :)

Was talking to a gas engineer in suppliers other day who said New vokeras are a better breed

New boilers look at long warranty and good flow rate

Vaillant for me, but like croppie would say, ask 9 plumbers and you will get 10 different answers.
go with whatever your gas safe engineer recomends, as he will be used to fitting and maintaining that manufacturer.

Intergas to be different and as you may or may not know there is less to break down compared to your ideals, vokeras and vailants :) so they have to be more reliable

Vaillant for me, but like croppie would say, ask 9 plumbers and you will get 10 different answers.
go with whatever your gas safe engineer recomends, as he will be used to fitting and maintaining that manufacturer.

Ray? You got a pen name?

Either Intergas 36/30 or Vogue 40c combi, but also make sure your GSR calculates the gas pipe size correctly for bigger KW boilers! Or manufacturers won't honour warranty

Famous last words come to mind ;)

a nice intergas or atag for me, add weather comp to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice On New Boiler Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock