Search the forum,

Discuss advice on new boiler and cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbob B

please can anyone offer me some advice or recommendation on a new boiler and cylinder I am being quoted for....
Quick summary - detached 4-bed house, 3 showers, very old gas boiler and cylinder which may well have a pitted coil. So, I am looking for a new cylinder (preferably pressurised to meet demands of the 3 non-power showers) and may well need a new boiler as the old one is under the sink and would probably be condemned before being serviced....
The lead quote I have is for an Albion pressurised cylinder and an Alpha system boiler (unvented) - I understand this combination will give me a good pressure for the showers and good efficiency and pressure for the radiators.
Will need a new flue and probably some other minor bits and bobs and full quote is around £4,000-£4,500 full fitted for all of this including VAT.

Pls can anyone offer comment on Albion and Alpha and whether this quote is ok?

Cheers!

Hi. Before signing up check the main supply pressure and pipe size. If these are below standard the performance of the proposed system will be compromised.

thanks justlead1. any views on the quote or cylinder or boiler makes?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on new boiler and cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock