Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on gas oil/kerosene conversation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I currently have 2 X Clyde Combustion oil boilers that run on gas oil. They are ancient, but work as they're supposed to.

Assuming parts are available, is it worth converting them to kerosene, as it's considerably cheaper?

Someone told me it's cheaper per litre, but I will use more?

Usage would more than likely be the same or near enough, not sure about the price of gas oil at the minute but in Essex it’s around 50ppl.
To be honest you may as well convert to Kero, because when you current boiler does pack up the new condensing boilers only run in Kero.
Not much good when you have a full tank of gas oil (which is more than likely to happen lol).

Usage would more than likely be the same or near enough, not sure about the price of gas oil at the minute but in Essex it’s around 50ppl.
To be honest you may as well convert to Kero, because when you current boiler does pack up the new condensing boilers only run in Kero.
Not much good when you have a full tank of gas oil (which is more than likely to happen lol).

Ok thanks for that - price here (North Scotland) is 58 ppl for gas oil against 48 for kerosene. Couple that with a 4000 litre tank and it makes a difference.

Just didn't want to do it if it means I use 20% more ....

Diesel fuel I believe has slightly more energy content per volume than kerosine.
Diesel is also for commercial or other large boilers as has ability to work at higher pressures.
It does burn more dirty than kerosine however.
What sort of output needed for your property?

Boilers are currently rated for a combined output of 130 KW (Actually 440000 BTU), and used to be a commercial property (now residential).

It probably wouldn't matter if this was reduced slightly, but the boilers' duty cycle is under 50% right now, which is probably why they've lasted 40 odd years.

Reply to Advice on gas oil/kerosene conversation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock