Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on faulty water underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all and hope everyone is well,

New to the forum and would be very grateful for any expert help.

I live in a small flat that has underfloor heating zones in living, bedroom and bathroom.

Unfortunately, the floor no longer heats up when I activate the bedroom and living room zones. However, oddly, the heated towel rail in the bathroom gets extremely hot, like all of the systems efforts are going to it.

I have attached some photographs showing the underfloor heating system set up. I have a valliant eco tec pro combi boiler, and the UFH system is by Heatmiser.

Each thermostat is correctly paired with the wireless receiver, however I did have an issue with some faulty batteries in each thermostat that required me to re-pair each thermostat to the receiver. This was quite a while ago and i couldn’t say if this is when the general system stopped working.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Would be excellent if I could fix the issue myself although happy to get an expert in if required.

Many thanks.

Dylan

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Image[1].jpeg
    Image[1].jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Image[2].jpeg
    Image[2].jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Image[3].jpeg
    Image[3].jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Image[4].jpeg
    Image[4].jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 5
From off take a picture of the flow meters eg with no zone calling

Turn one zone on and do you see the flow meter move down ? Test the other zones the same

From off take a picture of the flow meters eg with no zone calling

Turn one zone on and do you see the flow meter move down ? Test the other zones the same

Hi Shaun,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I attach photographs labelled as:

no zone calling
zone 1
zone 2
zone 3

I let each zone heat up for around 5 minutes before taking the photographs.
and then waited a couple of minutes before putting another zone on.

hope the photos are clear and thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Dylan

Attachments

• zone 3.jpg
    zone 3.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 6
  • zone 2.jpg
    zone 2.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 6
  • zone 1.jpg
    zone 1.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 6
  • no zone call.jpg
    no zone call.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 5
I suspect zone 1 and 3 are linked maybe a big room
2 is an independent zone

All looks to be working tbh and with the manifold moving 80 heat the floor should warm up might take a day to fully warm up

Reply to Advice on faulty water underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock