Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on fault finding courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I currently work on new builds with very limited work on the repair, maintenance and fault finding side of boilers. I’m currently renewing my ccn1 and cenwat gas card as I type this and it has made me very interested in getting into this line of work or even have a better understanding of it. I’m in ayrshire, scotland and looking to see if anyone has any advice on how to go about getting more experience, where there are courses I’m able to look in to ?

Cheers

Manufacturer’s offer these types of courses, and I’m told the Baxi one is good, although iirc, only 2 centres are open, Warrington and Dartford. If you take an old boiler out, get used to testing. Also on YouTub, Baxi did some lockdown learning, which is still available, and very good explanation of stuff.

Reply to Advice on fault finding courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock