Search the forum,

Discuss advice on CH controls upgrade,,Evohome?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fluke77

Hi,
i have a 20 rad house with a Glowworm Flexicom 30 piped as a system boiler with a 3 channel timeclock.
This is controlling 2 CH zone valves and 1 DHW valve all piped directly off the flow from the boiler with no auto bypass.
The cylinder has a Myson TCV on it.
There are no thermostats, the boiler CH set point controls the temperature.
There are less than 5 working TRVs.
Unsurprisingly the gas bill is astronomical and I'm trying to come up with a solution to reduce the bill.
I'm pricing to replace the boiler at some stage but want to get the CH system operating more efficiently first.
I'm thinking of a smart control system that will allow wireless thermostat control of the 2 zone valves but don't know about the the control of the DHW.
Or to use something like the Evohome with Individual control of rooms but the number of rads are beyond the 10 the Evohome can handle.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pretty sure evohome is able to do more than 10 rads. It's pricey to buy and instal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on CH controls upgrade,,Evohome?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
Looking for a quick bit of advice since I'm trying to wrap my head around what work I need done. Right now I have an old conventional boiler that heats my hot water tank. The water tank has manual open/shut valve so that I can only heat the water tank and not the heating. I'm replacing this...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock