Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on boiler wanted in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can someone tell me what size and type of oil fired boiler I need to provide low temperature background underfloor heating in my approx 104 square-metre single storey well-insulated cottage? My current boiler (Firebird Enviromax Condensing boiler) is not worth repairing again, even though it’s only 8 years old and has not been used much. I just want a little background heat to keep the damp away. I have a wood-burning stove in the main living area, and when I have visiting family or friends the bodies produce enough heat. The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
The underfloor heating pipes were installed when the cottage was restored in 1996. I can’t remember what boiler was fitted at that time. I got the system flushed out last Spring. I’m really hoping for some sound advice, as I want to get it right this time.

The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
I recommend you find a reputable independent heating engineer and get them to recommend a replacement boiler. A 'well insulated' house should not get 'damp'. Make sure you draw this to the attention of your heating engineer so they can advise on the probable cause(s) and suitable remedy(ies). (This will often involve improved ventilation.)

Reply to Advice on boiler wanted in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock