Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on boiler wanted in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can someone tell me what size and type of oil fired boiler I need to provide low temperature background underfloor heating in my approx 104 square-metre single storey well-insulated cottage? My current boiler (Firebird Enviromax Condensing boiler) is not worth repairing again, even though it’s only 8 years old and has not been used much. I just want a little background heat to keep the damp away. I have a wood-burning stove in the main living area, and when I have visiting family or friends the bodies produce enough heat. The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
The underfloor heating pipes were installed when the cottage was restored in 1996. I can’t remember what boiler was fitted at that time. I got the system flushed out last Spring. I’m really hoping for some sound advice, as I want to get it right this time.

The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
I recommend you find a reputable independent heating engineer and get them to recommend a replacement boiler. A 'well insulated' house should not get 'damp'. Make sure you draw this to the attention of your heating engineer so they can advise on the probable cause(s) and suitable remedy(ies). (This will often involve improved ventilation.)

Reply to Advice on boiler wanted in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The question I have though is that the gas smell only appears when the boiler fires up not when the pilot is burning normally. Gas smell continues as...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock