Search the forum,

Discuss advice needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,I am seeking advice on fitting a cast shower base.I am doing a refurbish for my daughter,she bought this base from b and q ,the instructions show it being fitted with adjustable feet,however looking at forums and YouTube the way to go is to lay tray on a bed of mortar on min 18mm ply (fitting to a wooden floor)I have decided to use the mortar fixing method,this is where the fun starts! The existing floorboards are 30mm thick,the tray is 30mm thick once I cut out the floor for the plywood and lay tray on mortar bed then lay floortiles with adhesive and backing boards the tray will be virtually flush with floor,what to do?is it better to fit fresh floorboards once hole for tray is cut out and screw ply on top of this instead of directly on to joists,this way at least tray won't be left looking too low,any suggestions gratefully accepted,cheers

Think you’ve answered your own questions?

We often go for what you have achieved tray 2 or 3 mm above floor tiles for customers who prefer a shower tray but want level access!

Reply to advice needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock