Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed! Sink flowing into washing machine and vice versa. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We live in a rented property and have recently started having an issue with the kitchen sink. When we using the sink the water drains straight into the washing machine, when the washing machine is on the water bubbles up into the sink. We have tried various unblockers, a drain blaster and a metal drain unblocker pipe but nothing is work. I have attached a photo of the plumbing under the sink in case this is the issue. Just wanted to make sure there isn’t anything else we can do as we don’t want to be charged for any calls outs from our letting agent and landlord.

Thanks in advance

722E051A-F827-4ADA-901A-E0751E99CBAF.jpeg

Any photos of where that waste goes? Try soap crystals sluiced with very hot water, failing that you may need to get someone out.

Any photos of where that waste goes? Try soap crystals sluiced with very hot water, failing that you may need to get someone out.

Hi, we have taken the kickboard off, the pipe goes underneath the cupboard and then splits into 2. One way goes behind the washing machine and one goes behind the fridge. We can’t see anything other than that.

Hi, we have taken the kickboard off, the pipe goes underneath the cupboard and then splits into 2. One way goes behind the washing machine and one goes behind the fridge. We can’t see anything other than that.

Can you get a photo of where it splits in 2? It may have a back fall on it.

As a tenant, once you've cleaned the trap and snaked the pipe you've more than done your bit. I'd be calling the agent or landlord whose services you pay for, indeed, you may be obliged to do so per your ten. Ag. or you may be held liable if things go wrong.

In fact I would say in future just don't use chemicals. They don't work well IMO and can make it difficult and dangerous for the next guy.

Reply to Advice needed! Sink flowing into washing machine and vice versa. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock