Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Photos below
View attachment IMG_09052020_094403_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

View attachment IMG_09052020_094300_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

In a follow on from a previous post....
1933 house garage.... clay pipe .... toilet removed 25 years ago and pipe blocked and concreted over......

So... im trying to install a new toilet.... took ages chipping away the concrete (had no idead where the soil pipe was)
Only to reveal that the side has lost a chunk when the old toilet was removed..... no i didnt just do it lol

Right... i know the correct thing to do would be to dig up the whole concrete floor and install a new pipe....
But, im getting on a bit.... and cant be doing with it.....

So, my potential solutions for your kind comments / advice are....

1. Chip.. grind about 40mm off the top of the undamaged section .. then install a push in pan extension pipe. Cement the floor and cut off pipe level with floor.... then use a flexible pan connector into that pipe....

2. Use some waterproof concrete into the hole in front of the soil pipe to form a new 4" hole level with the floor. Then use a flexible pan connector....

Any i deas / suggestions / advice would be very gratefully received......... Many thanks

The only way I would do it is dig up. Connector in ground and come up in right location. Theres a good chance that location wont suit a close coupled toilet.

Thanks for the reply...

For an old installation it is unusually close to the wall about 4 inches....

But..... Digging up really isnt an option.....

Just trying to find the best bodge......

Reply to Advice needed please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so im wandering if the wall of the pan connector maybe too thin?..best option is change pan connector to one with a boss on it but the toilet is stuck...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached (cemented) into the 4" soil pipe below. I can't seem to find any adapter or pan connector that will fit this ancient fitting - any advice? Or should I just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock