Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed please for Chaffoteaux Britony 2T multipoint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.
I have had this water heater for about 20 years and it developed a leak. The heat exchanger has been replaced with a brand new one and the gas section and water section replaced with a re-furbished one.
It is all working now but the flames are very fierce and look yellow to me and it makes a terrible noise, like being in a wind tunnel, and when I turn on the cold water at the same time it gets worse.
The gas engineer said it is fine but I am worried it is going to blow up!
Does this sound right?
Many thanks for replies.

Probably won't blow up due to gas - but it sounds like the heat exchanger may explode.
Should douse the flames before the fire could do much, if any damage.

Who convinced who regarding the repairs?

Did you convince the plumber to repair the unit or did the plumber convince you to repair the unit.

Either way - you either got ripped off by the plumber, or you convinced the plumber to rip you off.

There are too many thing to mention on what I would check to find the problem(s).
But the yellow flame will only clog the heat exchanger up with soot - very quickly

I would get another gas safe engy to give it the once over something doesn't sound right

Thank you everybody for your replies.
I did originally want a new water heater but apparently there wasn't one that would fit in the space, and it would have cost thousands to re-site a new one. The plumber said it was the cheapest option so I opted for new innards as there was no way I could afford the alternative. So a combined effort really!
I was thinking I should get a second opinion so, on your advice, I will definitely do that.
Many thanks again for all your replies. Very helpful.

Just a thought, I don't suppose there is anybody in southend on sea on the forum who would be willing to have a look at it is there?
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed please for Chaffoteaux Britony 2T multipoint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock