Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed on radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

20191008_184148.jpg

Hi all, this is my first post so hoping I've got it in the right section. I'm a casual DIYer so this may be a simple question to most.. looking to replace the old head on the photo for a new TRV head. Do I simply need to undo the nut at the top & slot a new head on or does the old fixing need to be changed? Moved into an older house so might be an old fixing

Hi Dan, looks like a pretty old trv. Personally I would be wanting to change the full valve, it's most likely seen it's best days and will give you nothing but trouble with the valve sticking. If you do just want to change the head can you clean the paint off and see if there are any marking which may indicate who makes the valve. I've had a scan through the internet and can't find a match.

Whole body would need to be changed sorry to say

Hi Dan, looks like a pretty old trv. Personally I would be wanting to change the full valve, it's most likely seen it's best days and will give you nothing but trouble with the valve sticking. If you do just want to change the head can you clean the paint off and see if there are any marking which may indicate who makes the valve. I've had a scan through the internet and can't find a match.
Thanks, think it's clear then I'll need a new valve too
[automerge]1570629155[/automerge]
Thanks all for the replies, I'll have to get a new valve

Reply to Advice needed on radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock