Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed on DIY central heating plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm hoping to install a simple central heating system in our new house being constructed in 2019. I want a 'bare bones' system to keep it as simple as possible. I will be running a single underfloor loop and 9 radiators from a woodfired boiler. I would appreciate any comments/advice on my plan below. Especially if some sort of expansion chamber is essential or optional for this system. Also, do I need to worry about internal pressure, and if so what is the simplest way of dealing with this? Appreciate your advice/comments.
S plan.jpg

Could I suggest you employ a professional to design this? We are a helpful forum but designing your heating system for free is probably stretching the goodwill season a little. We are happy to advise but there are too many safety feature and design considerations

Could I suggest you employ a professional to design this? We are a helpful forum but designing your heating system for free is probably stretching the goodwill season a little. We are happy to advise but there are too many safety feature and design considerations

Politely put

Well it’s a little rich

whats a wet back boiler? solid?

They said wood fired so who knows

Is this new house in the U.K?

The simplest way of dealing with this is to employ a Professional to design and install a suitable system.
This needs to comply with building regs and be fit for purpose.
A barebones system will not be adequate.

If only it was as simple as that JAT there a certain safety features that need installing with this type of system and as above you must comply with building regulations, you may by all means be able to do some work yourself but I would strongly advise you employ a HETAS engineer for the the wood burning boiler and flue system. Kop

Hi all,
I'm hoping to install a simple central heating system in our new house being constructed in 2019. I want a 'bare bones' system to keep it as simple as possible. I will be running a single underfloor loop and 9 radiators from a woodfired boiler. I would appreciate any comments/advice on my plan below. Especially if some sort of expansion chamber is essential or optional for this system. Also, do I need to worry about internal pressure, and if so what is the simplest way of dealing with this? Appreciate your advice/comments.
View attachment 36043
In theory your system will work. However because you are obviously not trained or conversant with current practice, legal obligations my list of faults with your scheme might take all Boxing Day to list. Your system is unsafe to the point of being dangerous. Get a professional in and have a good engineer install it. Your new house might be severely compromised if you do not. At best you will burn people’s feet with the uncontrolled unblended underfloor circuit, at worse it might well explode
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Last edited:
It's another wind up.

What leads you to that conclusion? I see no reason to doubt that the OP came here in good faith wanting advice about something that turned out to be more complicated than they first thought.

Because if they were serious I’d imagine theyd have asked what was wrong with their design

What leads you to that conclusion? I see no reason to doubt that the OP came here in good faith wanting advice about something that turned out to be more complicated than they first thought.

The same as on many posts.

There's quite a few 'odd' posts that just don't seem right and many an op that don't arrive to the site in good faith.

Maybe its with being in this game so long you tend to spot a Muppet from a mile away.

That or the fact if somebody has drawn something out and then dropped it on the internet then you would assume that they had already been on the internet to glean information for a starting point.

IMHO the op's original post hints that they know more than they are letting on. Some sort of fishing expedition.
I think the internet term is TROLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed on DIY central heating plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Firstly, we are so glad to have you all as members here on PlumbersForums.net. We are becoming an international community more and more every day with each new member that joins us. I thought I would put together a list of forum links for you guys. American Tile Advice Forum...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody give advice on my rough plans/sketches for repiping my radiators using 22mm & 15mm. I have only shown the flow line as the return line will just be a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild extension and other additional rads over the years and now the system is inefficient and doesn't heat up consistently. In the extension, because the...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock