Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed: Mira Atom EV Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower Valve & Kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. We have recently had a Mira Atom EV Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower Valve & Kit installed. However, if someone takes a shower, all is good. However, if another person attempts to take a shower a few minutes later, then one of five things can happen.
1. Shower works as normal
2. Water runs for about a minute and then stops and only starts again after it is turned off and left for about half an hour.
3. Water doesn't run at all but a shake of the shower hose gets it started.
4. Water doesn't run at all but if you take the shower hose off its hook and hold it low, the water starts to run.
5. Water doesn't run at all and only starts again after it is turned off and left for about half an hour.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? Thanking everyone in advance.

It sounds as though it is running via pumped supplies and any of these things is happening:

1) air in pump feed
2) badly installed pump/pipework
3) standard pump used when it should be a negative head one.

2 and 5 are similar. That's as far as my advice goes I'm not a plumber!

Thanks for posting here though. Im sure the lads will help work it out with you.

Reply to Advice needed: Mira Atom EV Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower Valve & Kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock