Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed for a job in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi having issues with getting what i think is a fair price

Have a boiler with 2 connections as 1 half fitted a bathroom in next office but got that capped off

So connection is there

Need to be reconnected up and go to a radiator in the bathroom

NEEDS A NEW 50 RADIATOR

pipework is all there needs capping off after the radiator

I'm no plumber but i cannot see 1 day work in this

i see about 1 hour or 2 max as radiator in the bathroom area is right next door rest of pipework on that is no longer used
NO WATER IN THE RADIATOR OR PIPEWORK AS ITS BEEN CAPPED OFF OTHER END

ANY ADVICE OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING
radiator pic.jpg

There is no 'right' price for small works. A plumber has to charge enough to earn a living and small jobs are largely overheads (quote preparation, travel time, setup, cleanup, invoicing, etc.). If the price is more than you want to pay, get another firm to quote.

Try to find such works and find out their price or contact the organization how much they will have. This way, you can find out the average or approximate price of the work you are quoting.

Nothing is ever as straightforward as it may appear. As mentioned there is a lot that goes on in the background that customers don't see, it is not all about time on site.
May I ask your price you had in mind and what have you been quoted?

There are quite a few variables here. The system might well need draining to get crud out and re pressurising. Rushed jobs can look untidy. There is the time to get to the job and crucially if it is the better part of a day then I would charge a day because where do I go after 3pm ? If you dont like the quote keep looking you will get a cheaper one or call Pimlico Plumbers Charlie and Scott charge £125.00 per hour plus vat.

Hi having issues with getting what i think is a fair price

Have a boiler with 2 connections as 1 half fitted a bathroom in next office but got that capped off

So connection is there

Need to be reconnected up and go to a radiator in the bathroom

NEEDS A NEW 50 RADIATOR

pipework is all there needs capping off after the radiator

I'm no plumber but i cannot see 1 day work in this

i see about 1 hour or 2 max as radiator in the bathroom area is right next door rest of pipework on that is no longer used
NO WATER IN THE RADIATOR OR PIPEWORK AS ITS BEEN CAPPED OFF OTHER END

View attachment 41559
You clearly have a trust issue or you wouldn't be here. That doesn't mean you are right by the way. You need to request more quotes, no harm in that. Remember the cheapest is not always the best. Many variables to consider.

What's 'your' idea of a 'fair price'?

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair.

Nothing is ever as straightforward as it may appear. As mentioned there is a lot that goes on in the background that customers don't see, it is not all about time on site.
May I ask your price you had in mind and what have you been quoted?
£250 plus radiator and parts
[automerge]1574451374[/automerge]
To be honest i was thinking about half of that say couple of hours job plumber at like £35 an hour

Was Thinking around the £100 plus radiator and parts

Sounds ok. Not cheap, but not too expensive either.
[automerge]1574451957[/automerge]
1st visit, price parts and other materials, go and collect materials, get to your house, plus overheads... 100 quid is way, way too low an expectation.

Last edited:
Sorry , your description of the job is poor , whatever your opinion of what the job entails and how much you think it should cost is immaterial, the plumber gave you a price , you think it's too much , try someone else .

Hard to give a honest opinion we are all different many see it as a whole day as they will not do another job mid afternoon . Kop

Keep getting quotes until you find someone that meets your price expectations.
It might take a while , but you will find them.

In essence, you're concerned about your expectations over a couple of hours labour for works done.

£250 plus radiator and parts
[automerge]1574451374[/automerge]
To be honest i was thinking about half of that say couple of hours job plumber at like £35 an hour

Was Thinking around the £100 plus radiator and parts
You've come here for advice mate and it's been given. However, you still seem to not like that.

Put the job out to tender on a trade site where someone might be tempted to fit you in at the end of a day.

Reply to Advice needed for a job in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock