Search the forum,

Discuss Advice - is this British Gas filter installation acceptable?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howie

Hello - would appreciate some advice - British Gas have just installed a new boiler.

I have complained about the fitment of the Spirotech filter - see images.
It's physically jammed in between the cupboard and boiler casing.

1 - Do you think this is acceptable?
2 - Is it true the feed/return pipes have to be angled (I suggested if pipes were straight it would bring up the filter to clear the boiler.

Thank you for your comments and advice!

New boiler install 1.jpgNew boiler install 2.jpg

It's ok not the best

Pipes can be straight but they can't be rising towards the boiler

Will the magnet come off for cleaning?

if the filter had been fitted with the connection horizontal it would have lifted it up.
The pipe from the boiler could have been worked to fit, but thats harder!

Thanks for the comments so far - so it seems reasonable at least to demand the filter is not touching the boiler casing or my cupboard. Also when taking the cover off the filter will scrap the cover right? Thanks.

Thats what you get for a british gas install imho , sub by gets raped for 200 quid british gas walk away with £2900.

Should have got an independent had it done properly

I see this all the time with British gas installs. I recently fitted a new boiler and cylinder for a work mate who was quoted £3900 by BG. Oh and that was with a "free" boiler :lol:

It certainly doesn't look very professional. The Boiler MI's will also state that a minimum gap of 5mm must be left around the boiler casing, so if it's touching they haven't fitted the boiler to Manufactures instructions.

To clean the filter the engineer will need to be able to fully remove the black magnet that sits around the brass filter. No one will be able to hold a bucket below that filter so anyone who services the boiler/ filter will have to have an adapter and hose that they can connect to it.

I'd imagine that BG have charged well over the going rate for both the filter and the Labour to fit it, so I would have that removed and refitted properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice - is this British Gas filter installation acceptable?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock