Search the forum,

Discuss Advice? Gas supply valve and meter newly enclosed after house extension. Is this risky? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, wondering if anyone can offer some advice? We just had an extension in the light-well house (lower ground floor), installing a glass roof to the light-well. This is where our gas and electric meters are, as well as the main supply valve. My concern is that this area used to be open and well ventilated and now it is enclosed. If there were to be a leak in the future, the gas could only escape into the room, which is also to be my workshop with open motors etc which could easily spark. What needs to be done to ensure this is safe? Any regulations I should know? I assume I would need to either enclose the gas supply in a box with ventilation directly outside, or have the supply line and meter moved (which would be rather tricky at this point as the room is already fitted out.

Is this something I need to worry about? it seems like it could be risky as the prior ventilation is now gone. Thanks Jon

Reply to Advice? Gas supply valve and meter newly enclosed after house extension. Is this risky? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
I have bought a property and this has a boiler and an immersion heater with a pump. If electric heater is off the boiler should heat the water as well. I have reinstated the water pressure as the old vendor has drained the whole system. As long as I had these airlocks the boiler was complaining...
Replies
Views
Hi, wondering if anyone can offer some advice? We just had an extension in the light-well house (lower ground floor), installing a glass roof to the light-well. This is where our gas and electric meters are, as well as the main supply valve. My concern is that this area used to be open and well...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock