Search the forum,

Discuss Advice - Gas Cooker in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My mother in law purchased a free standing New World gas cooker 25 years ago when she was 71 years old and it was used for a couple of months. We then we moved her to a new property and defying all the odds she has just died aged 96!
The cooker has stood in a dry garage and looks like new.
The charitys won't take it because its 'GAS!' - so before I put it on Gumtree do you experts have any comments on the safety of something this old but unused.
The flexible connector looks good and if she had been using it all those years I wouldnt even have thought of asking you.

Ooooh, does it have the eye level grill?

Advertise it as single lady owner (96), garaged, low mileage.

If the install or user instructions aren't available for whatever reason I understood you could install it IF you abided by BS6172.

It should have the instructions and would need a new gas hose. But I’ll be surprised is anyone would fit it as it is so old mate.

The type of person who will buy this cooker is the type that would fit it their self , not a good idea .

Thanks to the last two guys for the comments.
The link to HSE -pre used appliances, doesnt open for me but I can guess what it may say and your safety points are well understood
What would be really good would be if this was taken off our hands for free by a Registered Gas Safe fitter - that way this old but virtually unused immaculate cooker would be guaranteed a safe installation rather than ending up as baked bean cans just yet.
If that ideas no good I will take it to the tip myself rather than leave it out, since that way it could get sold on.
Any interest from an RGI? (OL4 Postcode)

Nice idea DXCross,
Wow! I Googled Gas Training Centres and £6500 for a course - I knew the regs had got 'better' but didnt realise you guys were Royalty.

Reply to Advice - Gas Cooker in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock