Search the forum,

Discuss Advice about commercial gas in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey
sorry if this is a silly question but can you go straight into a commercial gas course with out doing domestic gas?

Yes you can but you need to prove your working in a commercial environment and I think a min of 6 months portfolio work

Yes you can but you need to prove your working in a commercial environment and I think a min of 6 months portfolio work
Oh perfect, do you no where do the courses or the course name as I have been looking and all of them are saying I need domestic gas

Sorry thought I listed which course it was it’s the cocn1 qualification

then the extra ones eg icpn,tctp1

I think I have found a course but I don’t no if it is right , can I post a link or send you the link to see if it is right please ?

post it up

Yep that’s the one eg cocn1

I would say you need both courses then as your brand new

Do you have the work in place for the onsite folder eg commercial gas work ?

Do you have the work in place for the onsite folder eg commercial gas work ?
Yeah I have the work there I work in a prison (bit hard to take photos for a portfolio) , but if not I can I ask to go with the sub contractors what come in and Service and repair all 20 odd boilers

That should be a good start good luck

Ensure that you have the contacts in place in order for you to complete your portfolio.
Commercial gas is a completely different animal compared to domestic, if it was me personally, if you're at entry-level in terms of experience - get a few more months under your belt and see if it's actually for you, attaining your commercial gas tickets can be a very costly and time consuming process even with the right experience and contacts.

Ensure that you have the contacts in place in order for you to complete your portfolio.
Commercial gas is a completely different animal compared to domestic, if it was me personally, if you're at entry-level in terms of experience - get a few more months under your belt and see if it's actually for you, attaining your commercial gas tickets can be a very costly and time consuming process even with the right experience and contacts.
Hey thanks for the reply,
Yeah I am going to start emailing and phoning companies to see if I can do my portfolio with them, unless there is someone on here who lives Suffolk way to help out

Hey thanks for the reply,
Yeah I am going to start emailing and phoning companies to see if I can do my portfolio with them, unless there is someone on here who lives Suffolk way to help out

Phone rather than email. In normal, non-covid circs, visit rather than phone.

It's much easier to say 'no' to an email than to someone who is in front of you.

Phone rather than email. In normal, non-covid circs, visit rather than phone.

It's much easier to say 'no' to an email than to someone who is in front of you.
Yeah that is true I will have to do that,
But some people are telling me that I should do domestic instead of commercial so I don’t no

If you work in a Commercial environment now, you're more likely to get a Commercial gas job than a Domestic one and the portfollio will be easier to sort out.

I did Commercial gas for 20 years before retiring, although I had done oil years previously and some gas before Corgi registration was mandatory.
I enjoyed Commercial Gas, I don't think I would have enjoyed Domestic as much.

If you work in a Commercial environment now, you're more likely to get a Commercial gas job than a Domestic one and the portfollio will be easier to sort out.

I did Commercial gas for 20 years before retiring, although I had done oil years previously and some gas before Corgi registration was mandatory.
I enjoyed Commercial Gas, I don't think I would have enjoyed Domestic as much.
Hey I work in a prison with 20 odd boilers,
So I was hoping to do the commercial gas for here and then hopefully maybe some private work, that’s if there is private work in commercial gas?

Reply to Advice about commercial gas in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock