Search the forum,

Discuss Adventitious air in a compartment/cupboard in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, first question for a gas trainee so please go gentle.....lol

Exams start on Thursday and I am at a loss regards adventitious air in a compartment/cupboard.

Do we take the 7kw for adventitious air off an open flue boiler venting to outside same as if it’s in a room?

Getting so many conflicting answers and can’t find the correct answer in my manual, trainer is training at the moment and my engineer is at work too.

thanks for any help folks

No as it’s a closed space

Thanks for the help folks.

Managed to speak to the class star pupil and also the trainer both of whom confirmed its non applicable.

I was getting my knickers in a twist regards a section that stated:-

“A room containing an appliance compartment for an open flued appliance also requires combustion air ventilation to be taken into account. I.e. 5cm2 for every Kw of in excess of 7Kw”

I was reading this as the adventitious air had already been taken off (saw the 7Kw bit) when working out ventilation requirements, not altogether sure I really understand this, but I am happy to stick at the bit where adventitious air does not come off a boiler in a compartment when sizing ventilation

Thanks again folks

Don't be afraid to ask questions in class. Remember, you're paying the trainer.
Best textbook by far is the orange corgi one.
I threw away the manual from the training place as soon as I finished the course. I think they wrote it after a few pints.
There's some good YouTubes-
Tomkat
Tina barham
And others
Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up regards YouTube videos WC1

I am already more than familiar with Tina Balham and Derek at Tom Kat, my favourite is “me names Allan Hart” such a friendly and helpful guy.

I use the videos to revise what we have learned in class and also to fuel my passion - new tools! LOL

Thanks again WC1

The countdown for tomorrow begins! Who knows, I may get a decent nights sleep soon.....LOL

Thanks for the heads up regards YouTube videos WC1

I am already more than familiar with Tina Balham and Derek at Tom Kat, my favourite is “me names Allan Hart” such a friendly and helpful guy.

I use the videos to revise what we have learned in class and also to fuel my passion - new tools! LOL

Thanks again WC1

The countdown for tomorrow begins! Who knows, I may get a decent nights sleep soon.***.LOL
"Me name's Allen Hart" is spot on, especially the charity stuff he does for his late daughter. Good man

Congratulations

Update

Pleased to say I passed all exams for gas/cookers/fires on Thursday!

Was so pleased as I had a friends funeral to attend on Friday and was told that the exams lasted five days (some students did take five days) but I was lucky enough to pass in four - it did go to the wire though! I had one final paper to complete and started it at 15.15 hrs with a finish time of 15.45, finished it with about 5 mins spare!

Had a few blank brain moments, but got there in the end.

Thanks again for the help with the original question, flew through the ventilation and other subjects I was dreading and weirdly got bogged down on what I considered to be my stronger subjects, very weird and not funny at the time but all done and dusted, now awaiting contact from Gas Safe

Thanks all, I am sure our paths will cross frequently into the future. LOL

Reply to Adventitious air in a compartment/cupboard in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock