Search the forum,

Discuss Adjusting the anti scald protection for bath in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

For some reason I'm not getting hot water coming out of the bath tap it's just coming out warm, it's fitted with these anti scald valves underneath the bath, I have taken the side pannel of the bath thinking it would be easy to adjust to see if that's the problem, looking at it I have no idea which way to turn it to, the wall left or to the right towards the bath. the cap I took of doesn't do anything it gives me a clue of what the make is its a Saracen 2/3.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210304_155952.jpg
    20210304_155952.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 13
It will go colder one way and will go hotter the other so just turn it a bit and see

might be the tmv3 is bad / broken

It will go colder one way and will go hotter the other so just turn it a bit and see

might be the tmv3 is bad / broken
Thanks will do that then and see if it gets hot again. it's not one of these valves that keeps turning is it I'm guessing it will only go so far.

1. Turning the adjustment spindle anti-clockwise should increase the temperature, while clockwise decreases it. Clock / anti-clock while looking up at the adjustment nut from underneath.
2. Most of these valves have check valves fitted to the hot and cold inlets. These can seize up, particularly in hard water areas and / or if not often used. You would need to remove the TMV to clean / descale these.

1. Turning the adjustment spindle anti-clockwise should increase the temperature, while clockwise decreases it. Clock / anti-clock while looking up at the adjustment nut from underneath.
2. Most of these valves have check valves fitted to the hot and cold inlets. These can seize up, particularly in hard water areas and / or if not often used. You would need to remove the TMV to clean / descale these.
Will certainly give this a go if not I will call someone in thanks.

Reply to Adjusting the anti scald protection for bath in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock