Search the forum,

Discuss Adjust pressure on mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I had new a new mixer tap installed a few months ago and at the time of install thought the pressure was too strong. So my plumber made adjustment it to reduce it (or the flow rate?!).

I've since decided i would like this increased. Would you be able to explain how i am able to do this as i have no idea?! I've included pictures of the tap and connections.

Many thnks in advance.
Caroline

Attachments

• 20191230_133546.jpg
    20191230_133546.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2019-12-30 13.58.08.jpg
    2019-12-30 13.58.08.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
On your 1st picture of the pipes are 2 screwdriver isolating valves that are not fully open. I suspect your plumber has deliberately left them like this to reduce the flow rate. If you turn the slot that the screwdriver goes into so that it is straight up & down 12 to 6 o clock position it will increase your flow rate to the tap. At present it is more like in a 2 to 8 o clock position. Hope you understand this.

Thank you! That made perfect sense and i've now managed to adjust them.

Much appreciated :)

On your 1st picture of the pipes are 2 screwdriver isolating valves that are not fully open. I suspect your plumber has deliberately left them like this to reduce the flow rate. If you turn the slot that the screwdriver goes into so that it is straight up & down 12 to 6 o clock position it will increase your flow rate to the tap. At present it is more like in a 2 to 8 o clock position. Hope you understand this.

Reply to Adjust pressure on mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching something else, i stumbled across people saying that a check valve should be placed on the cold mains feed. How can I tell if the mixer taps/spray arm mix...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs, water pressure was strong, but after replacing it by mixer tab with thermostat, the water pressure has lost drastically (in tab as well as shower...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock