Search the forum,

Discuss Adey TwinTech - Tips, tricks & hints. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

History: Unit originally came with a transparent bowl. It kept weeping at joint- so I sent it back to adey for a service.

Pressure tested on rig - bowel was upgraded to the revised black one as a manufacturing defect was confirmed:

Image00001.jpg
Image00002.jpg
Image00003.jpg
Image00004.jpg
Image00005.jpg
Image00006.jpg
Image00007.jpg

Current:

It's now time for the annual service – hoping for opinions/guidance & help (see pics):

A) Green crud under the black iso valve caps/knobs. Why/How? What to do?

B) Valve assembly on top of the unit - green crud - is this normal? What needs to be done?

C) I'm asking for any advanced tips, tricks & suggestions from fellow members that have been servicing + dealing with these particular units (the adey TwinTech) - over the years.

Insights that most likely - could only have been learned through direct experience, over the years.

What additional/extra things should be done, to keep this TwinTech unit working well for the year ahead?

My sincere thanks to any willing to contribute,

Leonardo.

(P.S - I do not have the means to replace it for an alternative filter at the moment.)

Adey used to have problems a few years ago, in fact they were de listed by British Gas for a while. I thought they were through this. [I know because I designed mag filters for others at the time). Your photos certainly look quite quite worrying. However l must comment on the general condition of the pipework other than the filter some none related joints seem to have leaked and suggest you examine the whole set up in any case. Who installed the unit as the joints to the unit are weeping.
centralheatking

Be careful when undoing the bowl as it can put a lot of strain on the joints of the filter as the threads are plastic,

Thank you both for your responses.

I'm trying to understand why there seems to be some green crud under the black isolation valve caps? What could be the cause of this?

A new set of valves wouldn't hurt and a service kit of seals contact adey customer service there seems to be a leak on the lever valve behind the unit this needs to be addressed to poor maintenance leads to system failures . Cheers Kop

Reply to Adey TwinTech - Tips, tricks & hints. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock