Search the forum,

Discuss Adey MC3 Cleaner and MC1 Protector (didn't put any in at the time of install!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, I had an Adey installed a couple years ago, but, stupidly, at the time, didn't have the protector poured in as I mislaid it, new rads and all, argh!
I kept putting it off but am conscious that it really needs to be done.

I guess I am wondering what the best course of action is now? Shall I bung in some Adey cleaner in, leave it for a week, flush it couple times then add in the protector?

Me not having the protector in from the outset, would this have caused much corrosion in the rads? Entire system consists of 8 rads and a boiler, in a flat.

How much sludge is on the magnet ?
It can’t hurt to clean, flush and inhibit

Is the system vented (small tank in the roof) or unvented?

If it's the latter and it was flushed before the current system water was put in, unless you have good reason to think there's been a lot of corrosion, I'd just add the inhibitor now and keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
It's a simple combi boiler system in a flat, no tanks anywhere. Scott - good point, I shall open the Adey up, have a look inside see what's on the magnet and report back.

As an FYI, here is what I found when I took the Adey apart. Doesn't seem to bad does it

Adey.jpg

Thanks guys, yeh it ain't too bad. By comparison, here is the one at my mum's house which I cleaned recently - I do this every year and it looks like that! Yuck. We had new rads put in about two years ago, but the pipework is probably from when the place was built 1950s who knows!

IMG_20190419_121239576.jpg

Defo shove some cleaner in that and mains flush it

Thanks guys, yeh it ain't too bad. By comparison, here is the one at my mum's house which I cleaned recently - I do this every year and it looks like that! Yuck. We had new rads put in about two years ago, but the pipework is probably from when the place was built 1950s who knows!

View attachment 38338
After installation of yours was the system flushed at all? If not would recommend flushing and refill and add inhibitor. Good luck

Reply to Adey MC3 Cleaner and MC1 Protector (didn't put any in at the time of install!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock