Search the forum,

Discuss Adding wireless thermostat to existing system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, 1st time DIY post!
looking for advice, I have a vaillant boiler, with two thermostats, one on the ground floor next to my front door, and another on the 2nd floor landing (three “floors” altogether)

I moved in a couple of months back, and while reading the VRT350 thermostat manual I discovered it should be installed in the living room, but wasn’t!

but it’s hard wired in, so I can’t move it!
so I’ve bought a VRT350f wireless version, and it’s simple to fit, but I need help with the setup!

can all three thermostats work together?

(I’d rather only the wireless one worked),

so if I disconnect the other two will it just work? Or is there more to it behind the scenes?

Why do you think it needs to be in the living room? If the system is working well, why try and change it

It shouldn’t be in the living room as normally that’s the warmest place

Thanks for replying,
Couple of things I should have probably mentioned: the living room is south facing, get the sun all day, so is toasty and warm when we’re sat in it, yet the hall/front door is north facing and only get the setting sun, and is generally cooler with all the heat rising up the hallway to the upper floors.

So the living room can be hot, but the heating is on as the thermostat is in the coldest place in the house. (And I’m sick of manually having to turn it off)

Secondly, it’s the manufacturer’s instructions to put in the living room.

Attachments

• 771D613F-0D90-42B0-A2E2-29DD2B64C9AF.jpeg
    771D613F-0D90-42B0-A2E2-29DD2B64C9AF.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 5
It shouldn’t be in the living room as normally that’s the warmest place
I thought it wasn't a bad idea to have in living room as that's where people spend most time so thats where its most important to get correct temp.
Looks a bit gimmicky but this guy has an interesting take on snart thermostat and what he says about using the mfrs control where possible makes sense ref modulation

Reply to Adding wireless thermostat to existing system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock