Search the forum,

Discuss Adding UFH pump to existing “S” plan system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, folks, great forum bye the way . Ive been doing Diy plumbing since the early 1970’s on rad systems. I have now installed wet ufh in the cir 1800’s part of our present property and am stuck with how to control it. I have an “S” system, older L,N,E wired heat only oil boiler with no pump over run or room stat by choice, I would like to add the wiring for the zone valve, pump and programmable room stat to operate a newly installed UFH circuit and to have it run independently or together with the existing heating .I would be grateful if someone could please tell me if its possible to run the second pump this way and if so ,how to wire it.
Thanks
slim

Attachments

• 5B105779-476D-4BF5-B0E8-6C5F9CB23C72.jpeg
    5B105779-476D-4BF5-B0E8-6C5F9CB23C72.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 12
Thank you very much, I’ll give it a whirl
Ive had a look at
Wire your UFH Live pump wire to the Brown wire on the motorised valve that controls the UFH circuit.
Ive had a look at this and am wondering how this would work with my system is.
Because the boiler and existing pump are powered from the same live terminal, the ufh control wiring would need to fire the boiler on the same one and in doing so would turn the existing pump on as well?

Attachments

• 79A76644-AE90-4EED-AF8B-36252E54EE82.jpeg
    79A76644-AE90-4EED-AF8B-36252E54EE82.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 11
Ive had a look at

Ive had a look at this and am wondering how this would work with my system is.
Because the boiler and existing pump are powered from the same live terminal, the ufh control wiring would need to fire the boiler on the same one and in doing so would turn the existing pump on as well?
The Orange wire from the Motorised valves is the one that fires the boiler and brings your boiler pump in.

The Brown to the motorised valve only powers up the motor to open the valve to close the mircoswitch. In wiring your UFH pump to the brown wire will only bring the UFH when the motorised valve for the UFH opens I.E when your UFH programmable stat clicks in.

Last edited:
The Grey wire from the Motorised valves is the one that fires the boiler and brings your boiler pump in.

The Brown to the motorised valve only powers up the motor to open the valve to close the mircoswitch. In wiring your UFH pump to the brown wire will only bring the UFH when the motorised valve for the UFH opens I.E when your UFH programmable stat clicks in.

Don’t you mean orange ?

The Orange wire from the Motorised valves is the one that fires the boiler and brings your boiler pump in.

Thanks, I’m not sure where all the wires would go from the new zone valve that will turn the boiler on without the old pump seeing they are both powered from the same terminal?

Thanks, I’m not sure where all the wires would go from the new zone valve that will turn the boiler on without the old pump seeing they are both powered from the same terminal?
I think if you're struggling with this then you probably need a heating engineer or electrician in.

The microswitch is what fires the boiler, this is independent of the Motorised Valve motor (Brown wire). In doing so the UFH pump when connected to the brown wire would only run when the UFH requires a demand, when there's a demand elsewhere on the system it would not run as the microswitch is what separates it.

Reply to Adding UFH pump to existing “S” plan system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock