Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Adding second DHW to Baxi combi boiler in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
Hey guys,

Just after a bit of advise if something can be done and if so how complicated it would be...

I currently have a Baxi duo Tec combi 28 he a boiler which runs the central heating for the house and hot water for down stairs.
We are currently ripping out our upstairs on suit to re-vamp it. The shower fitted is an electric shower so currently only has a cold water feed up there. I think it would be too far to run a hot water pipe from the boiler and keep the pressure to where I would like it.

So I’m thinking about putting a water tank in the loft (directly above the en suite. So would need to run the pipe work to heat the water in the tank then for the shower. Question is can you run a separate hot water pipe to the tank that operates separate to the current hot water system for downstairs?

I asked as best I can but if you need any further info let me know.

Thanks in advance
Jake

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Yes its possible to do that and is often done makes no sense to bring hot water all the way down from the loft when there's a kitchen sink or utility room right next to the boiler so we use a Combi and seperate cylinder. Kop

Ok, any suggestions on how it would be done, would I need to add a divergent valve on the pipe that does the current DHW downstairs?
not really done much with plumbing before and even if I do get someone else to do it I like to do research first if that makes sense.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Not something you can do yourself I am afraid but heres some pictures you will need 2 diverter valves and repiped as a s plan with a auto bypass and new controls not gonna be cheap either theres quite a bit of work doing one of these I would say leave it till spring now enjoy your Christmas before messing with your heating. Regards kop

Attachments

Reply to Adding second DHW to Baxi combi boiler in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net