Search the forum,

Discuss Adding sealant to system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cagdas alcicek

Hello,

I have recently installed a new boiler and my pressure is still dropping every few days. I've been told that its due to a leak somewhere in the pipework. I cant see any leaks on the radiators or valves, and the pipes are under concrete underground. I was going to add some Sentinel Leak sealer (this one to be exact) to see if it would fix the issue before taking any drastic measures.

I have a magnaclean filter installed. My question is, are these sealants harmful to this filter in any way?

Thanks,
Cagdas

I would make absolutely sure the leak is on the system and not the boiler before putting that stuff in it , I have never used it and never will , the lads I know who have used it have very mixed opinions on it . What boiler is it ? , did it leak before ?

Ive never liked leak sealer as was always under the belief that they werent good for the system although newer ones are not so bad ,,, now i dont know the facts on sealer so im just saying wots in my head but if i was going to use it and put it into the big magnet id check wots in the ingredients incase it sticks to the magnet lol

I was always under the impression that some manufacturers don't like it in there boilers and it voids the warranty, but I may be mistaken.

Out of curiosity, can this stuff seal up AAV's ?
like the one inside your boiler ?
Just asking because I don't use it so I don't know much about it

Out of curiosity, can this stuff seal up AAV's ?
like the one inside your boiler ?
Just asking because I don't use it so I don't know much about it

They say it's not supposed to but we all know it could :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding sealant to system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After a couple of months, I went to the loft to check the feed & expansion tank, open the lid, there’s some kind of white/yellowish fungus/growth floating...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock