Search the forum,

Discuss Adding new shower feed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone, so I have just purchased my new house and few things need changing one of these things is I want to add a shower to the main bathroom.

My intention is to board up the door which previous owner opened and put the wetroom shower at that end. I have added a few photos to show how it currently looks.

How would I go about adding another feed and drain? Where do I make the connect to current pipes? What all is required? House is timber framed and running gas if that has any implications

All Advice much appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20220717_152824.jpg
IMG_20220717_152835.jpg

I think what your asking is beyond what we could effectively help with here. Your job is quite a chunk of work with lots of separate jobs.
Do you want a wet -room or will a low profile shower tray suffice?
What do you plan to do with boxed in section at back?
Id suggest you watch some YouTube videos on this and decide exactly what your plan is and get started.
Showers are one of the most common leaks I see, usually from poor installation.
For me (altho I don't do this work now) your job would require stripping everything out at that end inc boxing and pipework, then cutting out plasterboard for shower pipes.
At that stage I could maybe give some advice on a specific part of the job.....?

Reply to Adding new shower feed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have a question about adding a second bathroom to a house. My parents house has one bathroom upstairs and the house is all mains fed the water tank was removed decades ago. They are converting the attic and will have a small bathroom with a toilet, basin and shower cubicle...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock