Search the forum,

Discuss Adding a UFH zone to a Y Plan system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhodp

Hi,
I'm looking to add a UFH zone to my current CH and DHW system that runs on a Y plan. I'm not a plumber or electrician and all the info I can find on the net seems to suggest going to an S plan to make the three systems independent. The electrician I'm using is suggesting just tieing the UFH zone valve to the boiler directly. I'm going to get his detailed plan tomorrow but thought I'd ask for advice first. Looking at the wiring diagrams I think he's going to suggest getting the zone valve Motor power controlled from the UFH stat, the Grey normally open from the UFH 230v input and then send the Orange common contact to the boiler. A call for heat from teh UFH stat would then open the zone valve and fire up the boiler and pump but shouldn't activate the 3 way valve on the existing system. Am I missing somehitng obvious? Firstly any comments on whether I need to go to S plan and secondly does my reading of the wiring make sense and would that work the three systems independently?
Cheers for any advice. Rhodp

your underfloor heating zone will need its own zone and mixer valve, so that the temperature running through the manifold will be set at 60 degreed. generally has its own pump as well.
check out hep2o webpage for schematics, and adapt them to your needs.

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding a UFH zone to a Y Plan system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock